Saturday, January 5, 2013

How This Is Gonna Work

Hello, fans of Stealing Immortality! Super-cool guy (probably arguable) Vainamonien here to deliver the low down!

All of the official story parts are going to be posted here, whereas the stories straight from the sessions will be posted on /r/DnD. I'll keep a collection post updated on Reddit with links to all of the parts if you'd prefer to come back here instead of sifting through Reddit for it.

Anyway, the parts here are going to start out with origin stories of the characters. The adventures that will be posted here will be other ones, and not the Stealing Immortality parts that you've been reading so far. The idea is that whenever I get sick of writing out other adventures, I'll put that part of Stealing Immortality down into story form and we'll finish up with that. Some of the adventures on here will be straight from the table, other ones may be made up. I'll try to only write made up ones when I'm really in a memory rut and can't think of any super-cool things we did.

Some character classes will be different from what you've read so far, the reason for that being how every person had a class that was iconic to them; one they loved dearly and played really well. They won't all be changed, but you can expect at least two to be different.

I'll try to update the story as often as I can, along with the SI posts on Reddit. If I'm strapped for content, like I might possibly be when classes roll around again, I might post stuff I've found that I think is cool (probably science related) if that's cool with you guys. If you'd prefer me to just shut up and keep the story coming, tell me and I'll do that instead.

Also, feel free to throw out any kind of constructive criticism you may have. Go right ahead and post your thoughts about things in the comments. If you guys want, I could write the part of SI you're familiar with in story form and then continue with previous adventures, but I like to think a story in order might be preferred. Once again, voice your thoughts. Tell me what you guys want to see, and I'll try to deliver as best as I can. If there's any kind of story you'd want to see in the next installment (like a story about a really great heist, or one about how we overcame endless hordes of enemies,) you can go ahead and say stuff about that and I'll try to think of a time where we did something like that, if we ever did. Like I said earlier, I welcome criticism and encourage it; this is my first time writing anything in story form, so please please PLEASE tell me how I can improve my writing. You can be as gentle or as rough as you want; anything is welcome.

I had a few people come forward in the earlier parts of SI to offer their artistic services, and I'm still open to that if anyone's willing to work for free. Feel free to make whatever kind of art that you want. If anyone wants to work on a graphic novel or make webcomics about it, just shoot me a message and we'll what we can do.

Here's a link to the Stealing Immortality: Becoming Gods (I suppose that's what I'll call that particular story for now unless somebody can think of a better name, which should be easy; it's late and my creative juices aren't flowing that well) http://redd.it/14qoc9

And with that, I suppose I'll declare the Stealing Immortality blog/story place thingy officially open! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment